06 October 2008

Reading Journal #5 Daisy Kutter The Last Train


Kibuishi displays his artful eye and story-telling skills in his graphic novel Daisy Kutter The Last Train. With mature themes of violence, language, and illegal activities, high schoolers will be on the edge of their seats examining the pictures and experiences the novel as if it's a film. Daisy Kutter provides young audeiences with an original and relatable female hero with an attitude that many young adults can unerstand. The drawings are each individual pieces of artwork and I found myself flipping through the pages day after day and showing particular frames to others around me. While the overall story is a bit predictable, I believe this was an effective strategy to allow the reader to keep up with the pace of the action and not get lost in the dialog or details. It would be fortunate for readers if Kibuishi continues the story of Daisy Kutter and I would be excited to see a series develop.

1 comment:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

I'd also love to see the next couple of chapters of the Daisy Kutter saga.